The Vanderbilt Commodores defeated the LSU Tigers 77-71 on Saturday at Memorial Gym. After the game Commodore head coach Bryce Drew spoke to the media.
Vanderbilt Player Notes
• Senior guard Riley LaChance had 26 points and Jeff Roberson added 20, marking the first time since Jan. 28, 2017 that a pair of Commodores had produced 20-plus points in a game. That feat came against Iowa State.
• Lachance finished one point shy of his career high (27 points) which he brought in on November 28, 2017 against Radford. The 20-plus point performance was the sixth of his career and second of the season.
• Jeff Roberson scored 20 points for the second time in three games and has now recorded double-digit points in four-straight and eight of his last nine games.
• After scoring just two points on 1-of-3 shooting in the first half, freshman guard Saben Lee was clutch down the stretch. The freshman turned a steal into a dunk with 1:43 left, putting Vandy up three and hit again on the next possession after LSU had trimmed its deficit back to one. Lee posted 10 points in the second half.
• LSU was led by forward Duop Reath who set a new career high with 31 points on 13-of-20 shooting. The Ball, Louisiana, product accounted for 18 points in the second half including an impressive 8-of-12 mark from the field.
Vanderbilt improves to 7-12 (2-5 SEC) with the win. LSU falls to 11-7 (2-4 SEC) with the loss. Next up for the Commodores is a visit to Tennessee on Tuesday to face the rival Volunteers.